[SOLVED] Usb vs 3.5 audio jacks on gaming headsets under 40$

Jul 24, 2020
Hello tom's hardware community, recently i wanted to buy a headset and since iam not a competitve player or anything i would like to save some money. I have also a good pair of headphones for music, traveling, etc so they will just stick to my pc.
So i was confused on getting a usb headset or a 3.5mm one. I have read that usb ones tend to have better sound because they have their own sound card. So with the a low price of a headset like this will the sound card on them differ from the one on the mobo (i have a b450 mobo)? So at this low price range should i go for usb one or it won't matter and i should just be looking at a headset better build quality or padding. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Already using them but i don't want to over use them afraid of them breaking. They are a sennheiser pair will they stay for 2-3 years like this?
Headphones dont really wear out, well not the driver itself. It’s usually the padding that wears or they get broken. I’ve got a pair of Bose earbuds that must be 8+ years old that I use frequently and they are just as good as they have ever been.
Already using them but i don't want to over use them afraid of them breaking. They are a sennheiser pair will they stay for 2-3 years like this?
??

I'd suggest another approach to the "problem". If you now have a pair of expensive head phones, then you should use them. Thing about expensive products (not including laptops, cell phones, hdd, etc) is they tend to last much longer than cheap ones.

Reactions: CoolDude5
Headphones dont really wear out, well not the driver itself. It’s usually the padding that wears or they get broken. I’ve got a pair of Bose earbuds that must be 8+ years old that I use frequently and they are just as good as they have ever been.

Reactions: CoolDude5
Solution