[SOLVED] USB vs PCI-e bluetooth for razer hammerhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuseymore

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi,
I'm looking to get the razer hammerhead bluetooth earbuds, but my pc does not currently have bluetooth, so i need to add bluetooth capabilities to my desktop. Can anyone recommend something (from any major online US retailer)? I'm not really sure if theres a large difference between USB and PCI-e ones but i see USB ones tend to be like $10 and PCI-e ones are $30. Is there any certain version or strength the bluetooth needs to be for earbuds like this?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
I think you misunderstood the question, I am looking for a bluetooth usb or pci-e card to add to my pc so that I can use bluetooth earbuds (razer hammerheads). I was not asking for your opinion on bluetooth earbuds
oh so just the dongle connector because you dont have the 2 in 1 wifi card ...
2 major differences are that BT batteries don't survive full day (usually 4-5h) & sound quality is crap.
you want to be at least BT version 4.1 or batteries on both devices connected will go down like flushed water.
if you care about sound quality check sites like this:
as quality can differ A LOT even with new number in same series ( one made in Japan and are awesome, second one made in taiwan..... I look at sony here)

Fuseymore

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
2 major differences are that BT batteries don't survive full day (usually 4-5h) & sound quality is crap.
you want to be at least BT version 4.1 or batteries on both devices connected will go down like flushed water.
if you care about sound quality check sites like this:
as quality can differ A LOT even with new number in same series ( one made in Japan and are awesome, second one made in taiwan..... I look at sony here)
I think you misunderstood the question, I am looking for a bluetooth usb or pci-e card to add to my pc so that I can use bluetooth earbuds (razer hammerheads). I was not asking for your opinion on bluetooth earbuds

oh so just the dongle connector because you dont have the 2 in 1 wifi card ?
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07ZRGGWVJ...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
almost everyone will work.
I suggest 4.1 or 5.0 BT to be able to use same one for mouse keyboard and headphones.
they are res Bluetooth 4.1, so its good to grab same or higher.
My recommendation would go for this:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07X8GM4GF...s=bluetooth+adapter+usb&qid=1580804327&sr=8-8
that seems to have nice range

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.