Question USB Wifi Adapter Slow Speed

Feb 19, 2019
Recently I got a new router (Asus AC5300) and modem (Netgear CM1000) along with a new internet package. All from the same location and across the 2.4 Ghz network, my phone gets a speed of 60 mbps, my laptop 90 mbps, and I'm fine with that but my PC with a wifi adapter (Asus AC68 and/or AC56) gets only 3 mbps. Now I went and put the wifi adapter with my laptop, and then my laptop was only getting 3 mbps with the wifi adapter. With my prior router/modem and internet package I was getting between 40-60 mbps on the PC. Any tips would be appreciated.

newmarket2

Reputable
Feb 15, 2019
not sure if this is the case, but I've had a situation where I had a built in adapter and a dongle adapter and if they were both enabled, the speed was way slow. Disabling the built in adapter solved the problem.

Feb 19, 2019
not sure if this is the case, but I've had a situation where I had a built in adapter and a dongle adapter and if they were both enabled, the speed was way slow. Disabling the built in adapter solved the problem.
That's not the case as my PC does not have a built in adapter, that's why I use the dongle.