Mar 13, 2020
Hi,
So I just built a new pc with the following specs:
HyperX Fury 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2)
ASRock B450M PRO4 MicroATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 750ti
EVGA 430W power supply
Fresh install of WIN 10Pro

I'm trying to use my Belkin wireless adapter for internet.
Model F9L1101 Belkin Wireless Adapter.

No matter what usb port I put it in, it keeps disconnecting me from the internet, hiding available networks.
I've tried the following things:
try the adapter in every usb port.
Installing latest gpu drivers
installing chipset drivers
Flashing to the latest bios
Trying to use only one stick of ram, in different slots.

The entire build still just feels sluggish too after doing these things. Something is up and I can't figure it out. After reinstalling drivers or even rebooting the pc, the adapter seems to work for the following few minutes upon reboot, but then continues to be unstable and all of a sudden show that no networks are available, or that I can't connect to the network I was just on.

Thank you for your help :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Does that wireless adapter work on other computers or laptops?

Also when you installed windows did you format the hard drive first?

Apr 3, 2020
Hi,
So I just built a new pc with the following specs:
HyperX Fury 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2)
ASRock B450M PRO4 MicroATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 750ti
EVGA 430W power supply
Fresh install of WIN 10Pro

I'm trying to use my Belkin wireless adapter for internet.
Model F9L1101 Belkin Wireless Adapter.

No matter what usb port I put it in, it keeps disconnecting me from the internet, hiding available networks.
I've tried the following things:
try the adapter in every usb port.
Installing latest gpu drivers
installing chipset drivers
Flashing to the latest bios
Trying to use only one stick of ram, in different slots.

The entire build still just feels sluggish too after doing these things. Something is up and I can't figure it out. After reinstalling drivers or even rebooting the pc, the adapter seems to work for the following few minutes upon reboot, but then continues to be unstable and all of a sudden show that no networks are available, or that I can't connect to the network I was just on.

Thank you for your help :)

Hi,

I am having the issue with a similar build and a 650 PSU. I don't think its the wattage. I contacted the manufacturer and still awaiting their reply.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Ben

May 16, 2020
I think I had similar issues with my netgear a6100 wireless adapter. Basically I kept getting high1000+ ping spikes in games and it would disconnect me from discord calls etc.

Some "fixes" I could find online would tell me to open Device Manager>right click your network adapter> properties>power management> and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

This did not work for me but it might work for you.

My fix was going through the same steps but instead of going to power management clicking advanced and changing "EnableAdaptivity" from "auto" to "disable". I also changed the wireless mode from "auto" to "IEE 802.11a/n"

I don't know if these settings are on your adapter but trying it might be worth a shot