USB wifi tether from andriod phone or tablet

syntaxjedi

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
Hey everyone, to keep this post from being too long I'm just gonna summarize right from the beginning. My PC is ethernet only and I no longer have my ethernet cord or any funds to get a new one. In the meantime I've been tethering my phone to my PC and using the data, it's not fast enough for gaming and I'm afraid of running into my limit soon. Is there any way I can use the wifi instead of data? I also have an old rooted Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet, it has an option for hotspot but not tethering, is it possible to maybe turn it into a wifi adapter for my PC?

Solution
Got the answer from another forum, Easy Tether is an amazing app that basically turns your phone/tablet into a low powered wifi dongle. My speeds are definitely cut but it's still fast enough to play Overwatch with no lag, if anyone sees this and decides to try it out I noticed my speeds doubled from having the tablet plugged into a USB 2.0 port to a 3.0 port, and i could probably get faster speeds if it was a newer tablet with a type C connector or better.
xvTqXvd.png

syntaxjedi

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
Got the answer from another forum, Easy Tether is an amazing app that basically turns your phone/tablet into a low powered wifi dongle. My speeds are definitely cut but it's still fast enough to play Overwatch with no lag, if anyone sees this and decides to try it out I noticed my speeds doubled from having the tablet plugged into a USB 2.0 port to a 3.0 port, and i could probably get faster speeds if it was a newer tablet with a type C connector or better.
xvTqXvd.png

Solution