USB,Windows 10,PlayStation 2 controller

tumex81

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Hello again everyone and sorry if i posted this in wrong section i had no clue where to post it,recently i purchased new PC (thanks to awesome folks on this forum that PC is a BEAST thanks again :D ) ,i'v been using PS2 controller with PC extension on all my previous PC-s even on this new PC.When i got new PC i naturally downloaded Dark Souls 1 and started playing with same setup .I'v played DS1 a lot in order to prepare for DS3 and for like 2 months in a row i played without a problem.I stopped playing like 2 weeks ago and last night when i tried to play DS3 nothing happened ,i can't use it to start anything even tho in game screen shows X box controls (example: press B to start ,press A to go back,note that even tho it's PS2 controller it always shown those inputs ,on win7,win8 don't know why)
So i thought maybe its game but it was suspicious to me so i started DS1 ,game where i know it worked.Its not working there either .
I thought maybe its cable and then i noticed that analog button is glowing red.So that means power is getting to it but for some reason my PC is not detecting it anymore.Like at all,it doesn't even show up on the list of devices connected to PC ,it doesn't make a sound when u plug in USB yet the red light is still on.
Does anyone knows what is the problem,how to fix it or something like that.I tried googling it but didn't find anything similar to my problem so i wanted to ask here if anyone knows how to maybe fix it before purchasing new one.I only play 2 games with controller so i don't want to waste my money on new one but if needed i'll have to purchase new one.

Thank you in advance , TumeX