Question USB Wireless Adapter is not working.

Oct 20, 2020
Since our computer kept crashing on startup, we decided to do a clean install of windows. Once that was done, I tried to install our usb wireless adapter, but it crashes upon restarting the computer after the installation. Eventually we were able to install and restart it w/o crashing, but the usb wireless adapter still doesn't work. There are no connections and it states realtek usb wireless lan is disabled. Upon clicking the realtek icon, it takes me to Realtek USB Wireless Lan Utility. There you will see the Realtek device constantly flashing as if something is continuously disabling it. On another note, I tried to disable the old built in wireless adapter, but it just ends up crashing/freezing the whole computer. Uninstalling the built in adapter, just reinstalls it after reboot. Physically removing the built in adapter is also out of my expertise. As to why we don't want to use the built in adapter is due to the extremely slow speed and burden it puts on our whole internet. Not sure how it's so slow, yet it also slows down the internet for everyone that is connected to it. Do note that this computer was bought off from craigslist. Honestly running out of options, so I came here to ask for help. Thank you for reading.

Oct 20, 2020
For the USB's model number, it is XHT-6B16. I can't figure out where it states the model number on the computer. All I know is that the design is of the old windows hp that a lot of schools use, except it is upgraded to windows 10 with a better gpu. As for the onboard wireless I have no clue since I don't know how to touch the bios. Although, I think it may potentially have something to do with the bios, since the computer is still slow and not working properly after a clean install/reset.