USB Wireless Lan Adapter

May 18, 2018
This may be a stupid question, but what does lan mean? Do I need to use a cord to install correctly? I'm having problems and can't figure out why I'm having problems. I'm not tech smart lol

Solution
LAN stands for local-area network, meaning the network that is off the modem in your home. If you have wifi, that is your LAN, and to add the device first you will need the drivers for the device, Windows should install them, if not then you need to go to the manufactures website and find the devices product page and download the driver. If that's all taken care of then you need to connect to the network and enter a password if necessary.

Depending on what OS you have that can vary slightly. What operating system are you running and what USB Wireless device are you trying to setup?
LAN stands for local-area network, meaning the network that is off the modem in your home. If you have wifi, that is your LAN, and to add the device first you will need the drivers for the device, Windows should install them, if not then you need to go to the manufactures website and find the devices product page and download the driver. If that's all taken care of then you need to connect to the network and enter a password if necessary.

Depending on what OS you have that can vary slightly. What operating system are you running and what USB Wireless device are you trying to setup?

Solution

R0GG

Distinguished
LAN = Local Area Network= your router home network
When you configure your USB wireless adapter ( attached to your computer or laptop) correctly with the right Wifi name ( your house modem/router wifi name)
and password, you will gain access to internet and to your local home network = means you can also configure your system to see and communicate with other devices connected to your home router.