Usb Wont connect after disconnection please help

Ryan_21

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
Im having issues with my usb ports,
I have an external synth which connects via usb, everything works fine on startup and it connects once i turn the unit on from the power switch on the back. The problem comes after i disconnect the synth then come back to it and try to reconnect nothing happens. All the usb ports that are still connected work fine, its anything new i add like a i phone or printer nothing happens until i restart.

I have removed the old drivers, deleted all the drivers and reinstalled them. I am at a loss.
Also when i come to restart it just hangs on the shutting down part then bsod after about 10 mins. This only happens if i turn on my external synth.

im using windows 7, 64bit, the unit did work fine its only recently its started, from what i can see i have not installed any new programs either.

Please help im going crazy!!!!

Solution

When you disconnect the synth do you make sure it is safe to remove first or do you just unplug it? Or does the problem occur when the synth is plugged in

Felix England

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
The synth is probably drawing a lot of power/data from the USB ports therefore making them not able to utilise any more, you could try to fix this by using a externally powered USB hub and see if that makes any difference.

Ryan_21

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

Hi Felix, Thanks for your response.

The synth is powered by mains, when i disconnect the usb there is no data traveling on the cable.
The problem seems to be once i have used the synth in Cubase program it occurs. If i just start my computer and turn on the synth i dont have any problems i can connect and disconnect as many times without an issue.

Felix England

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

When you disconnect the synth do you make sure it is safe to remove first or do you just unplug it? Or does the problem occur when the synth is plugged in

Solution

Ryan_21

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

I turn off the synth by the power button at the back, i cannot find anywhere to disconnect it like a hardrive or like i would normally from the system tray as its an unspecified i my devices and printers and it does not give that option.
I have just done a fresh install and still having the same problem so im guessing it must be something else maybe a fault with the synth?
Like i said before the problem on comes in to action once i have started Cubase which is the program i run the synth throught.
If you have any other ideas i would be very grateful.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS