USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller ERROR code 10

Apr 28, 2018
Hi everybody, so only my usb 3.1 port is working due to error in the title, my mobo is asus z370-f (version 0612), i7 8700k cpu.

To this date i've tried:

Installing newest drivers from asus's website.
Installing drivers from intel but got an error message saying the computer didn't meet the minimum requirements.
I ran the Intel update manager but it it didn't find any updates.
Updating the USB drivers through device manager (said it was up to date).
Uninstalling the USB drivers in device manager and letting them automatically reinstall upon reboot.
Turning off/unplugging pc for 10mins.
Trying the 'legacy' option in bios on enabled, disabled and auto. My bios doesn't have the xHCI hand off option.
Was going to update bios but to my understanding i can't because i only have one operation usb port.

Any help on what I can try or what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciates, thanks.

The USB ports on your motherboard that do not work are controlled by the Intel Z370 chipset. The USB 3.1 port that does work is run by an add-on ASMedia controller chip. You need to check the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" in Device Manager.

ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING: USB Ports
- Intel Z370 Chipset: 6 x USB 3.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
- Intel Z370 Chipset: 6 x USB 2.0 port(s)
- ASMedia USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller: 2 x USB 3.1 port(s) (Type-A + USB Type-C)

Apr 28, 2018

okay thanks that makes sense, file:///C:/Users/wtede/Desktop/Sketch.png . This comes up, I tried uninstalling and restarting the pc but it didn't do anything, any ideas?

Are you trying to post an image? I can't see any image.

You need to right click the USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller, select Update Driver Software... and let Windows search automatically.

I can't see clearly from the image, does "Display adapters" also have a yellow warning sign? If so update it as well.

Edit: update anything with a yellow warning sign.

Apr 28, 2018

the 'USB xHCI' is the only one with the warning sign, when I update it it says it already has the latest drivers.
https://imgur.com/a/Zq5RDTr

If you continue reading it says "There may be better drivers on the manufacturers website. Go to the driver download section of your motherboards product page and download the latest Chipset drivers. Version 10.1.1.45 (2017/12/28)
This may solve your problem.

Apr 28, 2018

just reinstalled, didn't fix it :(

Are you using Windows 10?

No, that would not matter.
It's not clear to me why you are having this problem. Device Manager displays a yellow warning sign, yet it says the drivers are correct. I have 2 ideas to suggest, first one is to unplug your computer for a few minutes and then reboot. The second is to right click and uninstall the "USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller" in Device Manager, then let it automatically reinstall. Perhaps it is corrupted. Try these and see if either one helps.

Sorry, i'm out of ideas. While you wait for another member of the forum to offer a suggestion, you should contact Asus Technical Support on their website, and report this problem to them. They may have other customers reporting similar issues.

Apr 28, 2018

Ok cheers mate.