USB2 on Dimension XPSB

After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything happening
when I connect some USB device.
Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.

Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

Snoopy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Is there any indication in Device Manager that there is a problem? What
about in the event logs?

Have you tried a different PCI slot?

Is there anything in your BIOS settings for USB legacy devices? If there
is, you might try disabling the setting.

"_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see
anything happening
> when I connect some USB device.
> Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the
Welcome screen.
> I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
>
> Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

Did you install the drivers before you inserted the card?

"_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see
anything happening
> when I connect some USB device.
> Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the
Welcome screen.
> I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
>
> Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

Additional info: I run XP SP1. Bios is rev A06 (tried A08, but A08 is a mess).

_paul wrote:
> After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything
happening
> when I connect some USB device.
> Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
> I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
>
> Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

Device Manager looks 100% OK.
The only thing I can do in the Bios is enable/disable USB. I leave it on enable.

Next time I open the case, I will try another PCIslot. May be swap with the
Firewire-card.

snoopy wrote:
> Is there any indication in Device Manager that there is a problem? What
> about in the event logs?
>
> Have you tried a different PCI slot?
>
> Is there anything in your BIOS settings for USB legacy devices? If there
> is, you might try disabling the setting.
>

> "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>> After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything
>> happening when I connect some USB device.
>> Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
>> I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
>>
>> Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

I didnot installed any driver. I thought XP-SP1 had the necessary drivers.