Question USB3.0 ports on motherboard running at USB2.0 after fresh install (Windows 10 v2004)

cyanfire

Reputable
Nov 21, 2016
I admit my motherboard is a little dated now but i have an ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 and an i7 3770k. I have just clean installed Windows 10 v2004 and both the 2 USB3.0 ports on the front and the 2 in the back of the mobo are running at USB2.0 as i get the this device can run faster notification on my USB3.0 devices that are plugged into these ports. They were working correctly prior to the clean install, i also have a USB3.0 PCIe card that functions correctly on this clean install. It’s just the blue ports on the motherboard.

My BIOS is updated as far as it’ll go and the drivers are the latest Microsoft Intel eXtensible ones

I admit my motherboard is a little dated now but i have an ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 and an i7 3770k. I have just clean installed Windows 10 v2004 and both the 2 USB3.0 ports on the front and the 2 in the back of the mobo are running at USB2.0 as i get the this device can run faster notification on my USB3.0 devices that are plugged into these ports. They were working correctly prior to the clean install, i also have a USB3.0 PCIe card that functions correctly on this clean install. It’s just the blue ports on the motherboard.

My BIOS is updated as far as it’ll go and the drivers are the latest Microsoft Intel eXtensible ones
Make sure you're already install the Chipset Driver ?
You can get it here : https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LX2/HelpDesk_Download/