usb's don't work

Sanny Orr

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
Hi
I have a problem tomorrow I am going on a trip and I need to transfers files from my desktop to my laptop. I have large 1T external hard drives but for some reason they don't work. This desktop is new and I haven't really yet used UBS's on it. I am getting worried so I would like to know if there is any way to fix this problem fast or if there is any way I can transfer my files from this computer to my laptop for the trip overnight? All help is welcome

Here is the info I have:
my computer is windows 7, 8GB ram, Nivida Gforce GTX 720 , intel i7 @3.6 (I don't think this is very useful for my problem)
my keyboard and mouse work just not external hard drives and usbs(so I dont think it has anything to do with fault USB ports?)
I have tried the hard drives and the USB's on my laptop which works fine just not this desktop
I have looked at adding a letter to it and nothing has showed up
I have tried all USB ports and none work

So I am really confused, if I have to take it back to the shop can u suggest some ways I can get the files to my laptop as I need them for my trip(they combined files are over 10gb)

Thank you for your help

Hi there Sanny Orr,

Have you tried using the ports that are on the back of the casing? The drive do not appear under Disk Management right?
Apart from that, I would advise you to reinstall your USB drivers. Just go to your MOBO's website and download the latest ones.
If this does not work, then I guess you should contact the place where you got your computer from.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)