Question Usbs not working on new mobo

Mar 30, 2019
I have an Asus z270 with an i5-6600k and I’m trying to upgrade my cpu to a i5-9600k cause my 2070 is bottlenecking too much. I got an Asus ROG strix b-360f mobo since the old one can only go up to 7th gen cpus. So when I finished everything and turn on power everything works, fans, aio water cooler, Ethernet port literally everything lights up but the only thing not working is the usbs. I know the usb connectors are good cause 1. There’s no where else I could possibly plug em into the mobo 2. I put my old mobo back on to download windows into a thumb drive since I forgot to do so when I first started and all the usbs worked then. And 3. When I plug in this dongle for my headset the little light on it turns on for a split second and turns off.
People from work have told me it’s the drivers but I wiped my hard drives clean so now it’s like I’m building a brand new pc. When I first made my pc I didn’t have any drivers or anything to begin with for the usbs to work right. And I can’t access bios to do anything to begin with because my usbs can’t read my mouse and keyboard so my monitor isn’t receiving any kind of input to turn on. I feel I’ve run out of options and am about to just go buy another mobo and have a $150 paperweight. Does anyone know if perhaps there’s something I’m doing wrong or overlooking. Also I can’t even use a ps2 mouse as a back up cause neither frys or Best Buy has em anymore.