Usbs randomly disconnect

May 13, 2018
(Pasted from reddit)
For the past day I have been experiencing disconnects from my computer. I was playing fortnite so I thought that was causing my issues but then started playing other games and was still getting the same problem. Randomly everything plugged into my computers usbs disconnect and after a few seconds reconnect. The only usbs that don't disconnect are the ones plugged into my inateck usb expansion card. I just figured this out because I was playing a vr game and my oculus is plugged into my expansion card and the sensors into my mother board and when it disconnected the headset view froze but stayed on, meaning the sensors turned off and my headset disconnects too. Please help me I also tried setting usbs to not turn off in power options.

Specs:

i7-6700k

GTX 1080ti ftw3

32 GB 3000mhz DDR4 RAM (XMP turned on)

Gigabyte Gaming 7 z270x motherboard

RM850i Corsair PSU

Edit: Using windows 10 installing latest update right now (KB2267602). Also latest gpu drivers.

Edit: Updated windows (still happening)

Edit: Tried playing a game; seems to only happen while playing games. Checked task manager while it was happening and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Edit: Saw another post suggested I look at voltages on HWmonitor while it was happening https://imgur.com/a/V66wGqn

Aug 9, 2018
Hey, I'm having the same problem that irobot is having. Has anyone found a solution for this? My oculus sensors keep disconnecting and its like it freezes the rift and controllers in place, but they can still be rotated. It reconnects a couple seconds later, but seems to happen more and more frequently, the longer I'm in a game.