[SOLVED] Use 144 Hz and 75Hz display together and what 144 Hz monitor to buy?

D57

Mar 1, 2020
Hi,
does anyone have experience with using a 27" 144 Hz and a 27" 75 Hz monitor together(with the same PC)? I've read about people having issues when using two monitors with different refresh rates, causing bugs and having them to turn down the refresh rate on the better monitor. And what was your overall experience using a setup like this? Did you notice a big difference between the two next to each other?
Another question is what144 Hz monitor would you recommend? It should be 1080p 144hz 27" and have a VESA mount, as cheap as possible (under 300€). I already have the Acer VG270 27" 1080p 75Hz monitor, but would use this as a secondary monitor with the 144 Hz as a primary for games etc.
Thanks in regard for your answers and reccommendations.

Solution
if both displays are on at the same time these are your option in Windows:
ljKWpPm.png

you will not be able to use each display for separate desktops(one showing game / one showing a separate instance of the desktop).

you can extend the display and have a game window on one screen and a program window on another, but then you will be limited to the lowest refresh rate of the two.
if using two displays connected to the same GPU in a "surround" or "extended" setup, they will be limited to the lowest refresh rate of the two.

there are so many new monitors coming out all the time now with better & better options available for even lower prices.

i would suggest just going to a trusted online retailer like NewEgg, TigerDirect, Amazon, etc and narrowing down the search through the site's options;
select your desired screen-size, refresh rate, max resolution, price, etc.
then check the customer reviews for each product for actual owner's impressions of each monitor.

D57

Mar 1, 2020
if using two displays connected to the same GPU in a "surround" or "extended" setup, they will be limited to the lowest refresh rate of the two.

there are so many new monitors coming out all the time now with better & better options available for even lower prices.

i would suggest just going to a trusted online retailer like NewEgg, TigerDirect, Amazon, etc and narrowing down the search through the site's options;
select your desired screen-size, refresh rate, max resolution, price, etc.
then check the customer reviews for each product for actual owner's impressions of each monitor.

I was planning to use the 144 Hz for gaming only and the second 75Hz for Discord, Spotify, etc, so not as a surround setup (the game would only run on one screen). Does that work?

if both displays are on at the same time these are your option in Windows:
ljKWpPm.png

you will not be able to use each display for separate desktops(one showing game / one showing a separate instance of the desktop).

you can extend the display and have a game window on one screen and a program window on another, but then you will be limited to the lowest refresh rate of the two.

Solution