use a dlink adsl2+ cum router as a " wifi adapter to my pc" to acess a existing wifi?

stanu1989

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
my doubt is" im connected to an ISP through an adsl2+ modem cum router. Im acessing wifi using a laptop.

but i have a pc that has only a ethernet port.i dont want to buy a usb wifi adapter device to access wifi.

But i have an extra " dlink adsl2+ modem cum router". Can i use this to connect it to my pc through ethernet cable and make it act like a usb wifi adapter and access the existing wifi like similar to how i access from my laptop?

please help.....

Unless you pay for two connections - you can only use one modem. Does the router have ethernet connections on it (most do)? Can you run a wire from the PC to the modem? An ethernet cable is less than $10. Other options are a USB wifi dongle (about $20-$30) or a PCI card (about $20-$30).

stanu1989

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
im connected to an isp through adsl2+ wifi modem.i was acessing internet through wifi in my pc but now my pc usb wifi adapter has failed.
but i have a spare adsl2+ wifi modem. so can i use this lyk a wifi adapter to my pc to acess wifi?