Use a separate card for PhysX?

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
So I just got my EVGA 670 FTW to replace my EVGA 570 HD and I'm glad I did because the difference is definitely noticeable. My fps has improved substantially and now I'm able to run all of my games on max settings with a smooth framerate. Plus I'm stoked that I have a better upgrade path for the future and my total system temps have dropped all around.

I'm wondering if anyone actually has any personal experience with using a separate card for physx processing and if it is worth it. I was thinking about selling my 570 now to help cover the cost of my 670 when I stumbled upon info about using a earlier model card to process physx exclusively.

Does this setup really enhance gameplay that much?
The 570 HD design releases too much heat into the case when used as a primary GPU, but would it be okay as a physx only processor?

IDK, maybe I should just get the money from selling the 570 and get another 670 later to hold me over till Maxwell comes out.

What do you guys think?

The 570 would be overkill as a physx card. Just sell it and at least get some money back.

Can you not use your 670 as a physx card? I'm quite sure the performance hit on it would be quite minimal.

There are very few games that take advantage of Physx, one of them being those Batman games.

Maxwell? Do you mean Haswell?

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
You can toss the 570 in for physx...but it would be overkill. Selling it off would be a much more viable use for it. At high resolutions you would see a difference on physx games, but there aren't many of those around to begin with.

The successor to Kepler will be Maxwell.

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012

By high resolutions do you mean 2500 x 1600? So yeah if it would only be useful for higher res and physx games then the chance of me actually needing that setup is pretty low, that's what you're saying right?

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
I think I'm gonna sell my 570 then . It's the EVGA 2.5gb 570HD so I should be able to get some decent loot for it. My 670 FTW is keeping me satisfied right now. Thanks guys. Sometimes you just need a different angle to help make a decision. PEACE!