use a usb headset on phone with converter

nvincent_08

Reputable
some couple weeks ago, my headset broke, so i decided to get a big upgrade to razer kraken pro v2, but after i do some research, price of the razer kraken 7.1 v2 is only slightly cost more so i think its more worth to buy that, the thing that i wanna know is, could i use usb headset on my phone by plugging it with usb to 3.5mm converter?

Solution

No, not a chance.

Those things have a "sound card" in the headset to "simulate" surround sound using the two 50mm drivers lol *sigh*. We won't get into that.

But no, the long and short of it is that those headphones require power to do their... processing... to the sound before it gets to your ear.

It is perfectly capable of playing sound ,but you would need to bust it open ,bypass the "sound card" and re wire the cable. Not at all worth the effort obviously.

I would not recommend any USB headset of any kind regardless of reviews, rating, or quality.

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
No, your phone does not have a USB 2.0 (or higher) port. Your phone can not provide the standard 500mA that headset is designed to work on.

Also, I doubt the software would be compatible with Andriod/iOS system even if it did get the power that it needs.

nvincent_08

Reputable

So basically it couldnt because the headset require power that 3.5mm jack couldnt provide? But is there any possible way? How about using converter and plug it to micro usb? Is that possible?

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016

It can not be done. Not only does it require power but it also requires compatible software drivers. Even if you somehow simulate the power delivered over a usb port you will also need to write driver software for your andriod OS to recognize the headset.

Solution