Use CloneZilla to utilize unallocated space on larger HDD?

Skyliinez

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hi. Apologies if this isn't the right topic for my thread, I wasn't too sure based on my question.

I want to use CloneZilla to image a 500GB HDD to a 2TB HDD, but I want to expand the 500GB volume after to reclaim the 1.5TB of unallocated space. I've used CloneZilla many times before and I know you can just go into Disk Management and expand the volume in there.

BUT...

I am cloning my 500GB Xbox One HDD, so I don't think it will be readable by Windows after the clone. Plus, the Xbox One HDD has multiple partitions for it's storage, so I need to use something that will clone the drive to my 2TB drive, but utilize the space afterwards so I get the full 2TB.

Yes, I know this voids the warranty and I can just use an external HDD, but I would rather have a larger internal drive than an external drive I need to keep plugged in and separate storage from the internal. I did it with the Xbox 360 in the past and it worked.

My question is, is there a cloning software out there that images the drive to another drive and utilizes the unallocated space automatically without having to do it through Windows?

If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks.

Solution
Hi

you could use the Linux bootable CD /USB gparted which probably has clonezilla on it
(Parted Magic distribution includes gparted and definitely has clonezilla but is not free)

Boot up PC from gparted live CD or USB

make a clone then use use gparted partition editor to descide what size the partitions should be

regards
Mike Barnes
Hi

you could use the Linux bootable CD /USB gparted which probably has clonezilla on it
(Parted Magic distribution includes gparted and definitely has clonezilla but is not free)

Boot up PC from gparted live CD or USB

make a clone then use use gparted partition editor to descide what size the partitions should be

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution