[SOLVED] Use GPU Plugged in (Not charging)

Jul 3, 2020
So my laptop's battery just died, but I am still able to plug the computer into an outlet and use it, just the second I remove the power cord it instantly dies. However, when it comes to the dedicated GPU, it runs in lower power mode even though it is plugged in and I get like ~33% of the frames I usually get (like from 60fps to 20fps.) Is there a way to force the GPU to run normally even though it is plugged in like it normally would be.

GPU is a 940mx.

Solution
So my laptop's battery just died, but I am still able to plug the computer into an outlet and use it, just the second I remove the power cord it instantly dies. However, when it comes to the dedicated GPU, it runs in lower power mode even though it is plugged in and I get like ~33% of the frames I usually get (like from 60fps to 20fps.) Is there a way to force the GPU to run normally even though it is plugged in like it normally would be.

GPU is a 940mx.
Your laptop's battery is dying which means the gpu isnt being supplied enough power anymore.
Highly recommend you to get a new charger to get the most out of your performance.

GPU is a 940mx.
Your laptop's battery is dying which means the gpu isnt being supplied enough power anymore.
Highly recommend you to get a new charger to get the most out of your performance.

Solution