Question Use iphone to control Macbook Pro via USB?

lowep

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Hello, I see there are apps that enable an iphone to display the screen of a macbook and control it via wifi, but would like to know if there is also a way this can be done with the iphone hooked up to the macbook via a USB cable?

The reason is: I am interested in using my old digital camera with a program that runs on my macbook pro. But the macbook pro is quite big and clunky to mount, open and operate together with my camera in the field.

What I would like to do is tether my camera to a macbook stored in my camera bag and operate the macbook from my iphone via usb connection. Hence my question

I know I can operate my old digital camera with a program on my macbook. However I am not sure if I can operate my macbook via a usb connection with an app on my iphone?

lowep

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
Thanks Alabalcho for your reply. I have found a few apps that would enable me to connect iphone to macbook via network but hope to find a solution that would be reliable to use in remote places with unreliable wifi network, so continue to look