[SOLVED] Use laptop screen as a monitor ?

dtodorovic40

Commendable
Jul 3, 2018
I have removed laptop's screen as my laptop is old and motherboard stoppped working. The display is functional and i would like to use it as external monitor. Is there a possibility of such connection to be established? Laptops screen cable is not standard video-audio output. I will need RCA output.

I am intending on using it in mini bus as screen for movies behind driver actually. But in order to do so i will have to connect it to mini-bus video-audio output

Last edited:
Solution
Short answer, no.

Long answer. Possible, but it will probably cost you more than getting an off the shelf automotive screen.

I know there are kits out there for adapting raw LCD panels and turning them into monitors, but they usually have pretty specific parts lists and will work with HDMI or DisplayPort, not RCA. So you would be looking at another adapter on top of that. And the whole thing might not work with your specific LCD screen.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Short answer, no.

Long answer. Possible, but it will probably cost you more than getting an off the shelf automotive screen.

I know there are kits out there for adapting raw LCD panels and turning them into monitors, but they usually have pretty specific parts lists and will work with HDMI or DisplayPort, not RCA. So you would be looking at another adapter on top of that. And the whole thing might not work with your specific LCD screen.

Reactions: dtodorovic40
Solution

dtodorovic40

Commendable
Jul 3, 2018
Short answer, no.

Thank you very much, i guess ill buy screen dedicated for that purpose.

TRENDING THREADS