[SOLVED] Use Modem to connect Network Storage - Ability to download Torrents on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanc3lot

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Hey everyone,

I am thinking these days, to do the following. I have WD Mycloud home 6TB. I am pretty disappoined from the limited functionality it have, the strange way plex works on it, and the fact that can't "serve" 4K Videos well, and i was thinking to buy a Synology Nas 118 or 218+. The point is to see 4K Videos from My Cloud Home to my Shield media player on the living room and be able to download torrents on it even when i am not at home. To do so, i have to splash around to 300-350 euro and try to sell Mycloud home for around to 150-180 euro if i can find a buyer.

An alternative and cheaper route on this, could be to buy a good Vdsl Modem, like Asus Wi-Fi Router RT-AX92U Wi-Fi 6 AX6100 , the question is if i can use it's android app to be able to download torrents on my network storage My Cloud Home when i am out of home and with it help serve 4K Videos to my shield. Hope someone can help :)

Solution
sorry but we don't really help with the pirating of anything. you're playing with fire and are much better off streaming through a legit service or buying physical disks if you wish to watch something.
Status
Not open for further replies.