use nvidia and amd gpus together

Jake99

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
guys, can i have an amd card powering the graphics of the game while let some other lower nvidia card handle the physx....

playing arkham orgins

Solution
It *can* work with certain custom drivers, but it's practically never worth it and I don't recommend it. The only reason I'm even mentioning it is to plainly answer the question with no filters. But I highly discourage you from actually trying it, as there are bugs and reports of instability, and you'd be at the mercy of whatever neckbeard modified the drivers in his basement.

Also, Nvidia could shut that down at any moment if it becomes a threat or an inconvenience. Maybe they already have, idk, I haven't checked the last couple patch notes.
It *can* work with certain custom drivers, but it's practically never worth it and I don't recommend it. The only reason I'm even mentioning it is to plainly answer the question with no filters. But I highly discourage you from actually trying it, as there are bugs and reports of instability, and you'd be at the mercy of whatever neckbeard modified the drivers in his basement.

Also, Nvidia could shut that down at any moment if it becomes a threat or an inconvenience. Maybe they already have, idk, I haven't checked the last couple patch notes.

Solution

Jake99

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014

thanks pal, you sure saved me a lot of trouble. searched the internet and found that many were having a pain in the a#s with trying to do.

cheers Rationale