Question Use one laptop for software and other for hardware

Feb 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just started in a job and got new laptop, however it is terrible slow. I have also decent gaming laptop from home and was wondering if it is possible to to use my works laptop as software (windows and all the programs, basically only hard drive informations) and my laptop from home as hardware.

Filip

Wolfshadw

Titan
Why is it that people continually think just because they were lent a laptop in order to do work, they can do whatever they want with it?

If you want to install more RAM, I would STRONGLY recommend that you request that from your IT Support Team and NOT do it yourself. On the off chance that something goes wrong, that is a sure-fire way to get yourself removed from your new position.

-Wolf sends

Feb 20, 2020
Yes, thank you for your comment, Wolfshadw. That was great advice. I would definitely approach IT team before doing any modification to the computer.

Hi everyone,

I just started in a job and got new laptop, however it is terrible slow. I have also decent gaming laptop from home and was wondering if it is possible to to use my works laptop as software (windows and all the programs, basically only hard drive informations) and my laptop from home as hardware.

Filip

You need to do a bit of reading about how computers work, your software runs on the hardware of the laptop. Without things like servers and virtualization like Citrix you can't separate the two. It's like saying you have two cars and you want to have one car do the steering and the other car to hold the passengers.

If the laptop is too slow for you to do your work, tell your IT department and/or your manager.

Feb 20, 2020
Thank you hang-the-9 for your in depth explanation and sugestion for the solution. I will contact my IT department and my manager. Hava a nice weekend :)