[SOLVED] Use TWO bluetooth headphones to watch TV

KimHuff1701

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016
I've recently lost 90% of my hearing. The only way I can watch TV is with in-ear headphones. We hope I'll get my hearing back, but in the meantime we are missing out on our mother-son time together.

For example, we watch Picard and John Oliver together. I can turn up the TV, but it is so loud it hurts his ears and I still miss some of the conversation. Even with the headphones on it is difficult for me to hear, but at least I know what's going on. I've tried CC but for some streaming services they have terrible closed caption. For example, HBO Now is the worse. All the text is at least a whole sentence behind and sometimes it skips over the entire dialog from one person. Not to mention, I feel like I miss what is going on cause I'm trying to read everything instead of watching what is going on.

We have a Fire TV and that is how I connect my headphones. Is there some way my son could get connected and listen with me? Here is our equipment list.

55" Samsung LED TV
Yamaha Receiver
Fire TV 4k
We have a long list of streaming service and I'm not sure that matters but here goes.
Hulu Live
Netflix
Amazon Prime
CBS All Access
Starz
HBONow
YouTube
PBS
Disney+

I hope there is some way we can do this.

Kim

Solution
55" Samsung LED TV
Yamaha Receiver

What is connected to the Reciever? Will the receiver connect via Bluetooth?

If the receiver will connect via Bluetooth then just buy a BT 5.0 transmitter and transmitter into two devices.

Example
Visoud Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver $40

If not then add a Bluetooth receiver to the Yamaha Receiver as well.

Or with the transmitter send to a Bluetooth speaker/Soundbar and your earbuds without using the Yamaha.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
55" Samsung LED TV
Yamaha Receiver

What is connected to the Reciever? Will the receiver connect via Bluetooth?

If the receiver will connect via Bluetooth then just buy a BT 5.0 transmitter and transmitter into two devices.

Example
Visoud Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver $40

If not then add a Bluetooth receiver to the Yamaha Receiver as well.

Or with the transmitter send to a Bluetooth speaker/Soundbar and your earbuds without using the Yamaha.

Solution