Use Windows Scheduler to switch off PC

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

Dear all,

How can I use the windows scheduler, or by other means, to switch off my PC
automatically at midnight daily?
thank....

Not sure, but you may be able to do a scheduled task to the
shutdown program: c:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe

"Turk" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
: Dear all,
:
: How can I use the windows scheduler, or by other means, to
switch off my PC
: automatically at midnight daily?
: thank....
:
:

You can use "Task scheduler" and "shutdown.exe" to do that. The
parameters for shutdown.exe will be found by typing Shutdown /? at the
command prompt.

Turk wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> How can I use the windows scheduler, or by other means, to switch off my PC
> automatically at midnight daily?
> thank....

Turk
Try this

1) Make a new shortcut on your desktop with target
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe.
2) Rename it Shutdown. Change the icon to the stop sign
3) Open the properties and make the target line as follows
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 10. Click this to shutdown the
system in ten seconds.
4) Schedule run the shortcut for the time you want to shutdown.

If you want something more sophisticated visit Karen' Kenworthy's site. She
has a number of useful free tools including shutdown.

www.karenware.com/
--
Uncle John

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

I did it, thank you all...

"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> ???????:OZzT1XUtFHA.1440@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You can use "Task scheduler" and "shutdown.exe" to do that. The
> parameters for shutdown.exe will be found by typing Shutdown /? at the
> command prompt.
>
> Turk wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > How can I use the windows scheduler, or by other means, to switch off my
PC
> > automatically at midnight daily?
> > thank....

Good to hear, you're welcome.