Use wireless mouse with an unrelated reciever

Mirnes

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I'm looking to replace my wired mouse with a wireless one, in this case a Logitech M310 I found at work. However the nano receiver it comes with is lost, and I have two other mouse receivers from different mice. Is it possible to somehow use the Logitech mouse with a receiver that it didn't come with.

Solution
Replying to the following message:

....."I'm looking to replace my wired mouse with a wireless one, in this case a Logitech M310 I found at work. However the nano receiver it comes with is lost, and I have two other mouse receivers from different mice. Is it possible to somehow use the Logitech mouse with a receiver that it didn't come with...."

*YES, you are in luck, and it's FREE. Go to:
*NOTE: The USB reciever and mouse must be the same brand i.e.:
Logitech USB receiver + Logitech mouse= SHOULD work.
Microsoft USB receiver + Logitech mouse= will NOT work.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying

and download the software as instructed on...

Mirnes

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

I did, unfortunately, while the computer recognizes the receiver, the receiver won't pick up the mouse. Basically, is there a way to rekey the receiver from my computer using some sort of software?

USAFRet

Titan

Depending on the specific mouse, there may or may not be a "Connect" button on the bottom. This talks to the receiver, and syncs the signal.

Mirnes

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

It doesn't have a button of any sorts on the bottom. Oh well, wired mouse for now, thanks for the help.

USAFRet

Titan

Is there this symbol on the receiver and or mouse?
logitech_unifying_logo.png

This is the Logitech Unifying Receiver symbol. If it is on both....it should work. Even with no 'Connect' button.

Mirnes

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

No, I think they're different brands.

Dangit Dave

Honorable
Dec 6, 2014

That's funny. Seriously though, the Unifying receiver IS a Logitech transceiver which works with many of the older and newer wireless keyboards and mice, (not including BT). It will not work with the G7 laser mouse though as, the G7 lacks a pairing button and, is ALSO too feature rich, even if you could get it to connect: The wireless profile is more complex, due to the variable pixel sensitivity settings on the mouse and, the Unifying transceiver software does not include a profile for it.

On the upside, Logitech sells the G7 transceiver separately, (for about $15.00), on the Logitech website.

smcfarland76

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Replying to the following message:

....."I'm looking to replace my wired mouse with a wireless one, in this case a Logitech M310 I found at work. However the nano receiver it comes with is lost, and I have two other mouse receivers from different mice. Is it possible to somehow use the Logitech mouse with a receiver that it didn't come with...."

*YES, you are in luck, and it's FREE. Go to:
*NOTE: The USB reciever and mouse must be the same brand i.e.:
Logitech USB receiver + Logitech mouse= SHOULD work.
Microsoft USB receiver + Logitech mouse= will NOT work.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying

and download the software as instructed on the page. All you need to do is UNIFY your available Logitech USB receiver that you have on hand and it should work. Once on the site, remember to identify your Platform and OS, and then proceed with the unification process via thier download.
I had a wireless mouse that I really liked using and the USB receiver was lost some time ago. I had found a USB receiver in a drawer assuming it was from one of my other devices not being used (had no idea what it belonged to.) I did not want to pay for another USB receiver if I could avoid it, so I decided to give the abovementioned method a shot. It worked like a gem. Simple, straightforward instructions, took about 20 seconds, and worked instantaneously. Feel free to email me at:

Personal email redacted by Moderator

if you get stuck, I'd be happy to help if I can.
Best of luck to you all.

Solution

Try2BTechy

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

Didn't know "unifying" software existed...Great post, it worked as described.

tzuralon

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

tzuralon

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
Hi,
I had the same problem,
I try to follow your instruction but it did not work out,
I have a mice logitech M175 and a USB receiver from logitech as well,
i guess it is because the USB receiver does not have the UNIFYING logo,
I would be happy if could assist

Mark Alan Davies

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Chike_

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

I'm commenting on this because, I have a wireless mouse, but i want the two ports on my laptop for something else, I was thinking for what reason can i NOT use the PCI wifi as a reciever for my mouse??, I'm thinking it may have something to do with mac addresses.. also a good plan might be to pull out wireshark and have a goose, which i will do.. pretty sure there will no be any encryption and all the conversation will be in PLAINTEXT :O, If I still remember... I will dump the results here, and possibly a solution if i find one.. (2.4ghz) makes me wonder also about an effective hack to implement some security there...

Borinbilly

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016

Try installing logitech SetPoint then go to:
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\ConnectUtility

this will connect whatever receiver you have to any logitech mouse within range that you reset.

maxiimus09

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

Thank You!! you saved my mouse!!

asheva.ciawi

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
i have tried using different receiver and it can do as long as it has a button "connect" just klik the button on the receiver then the button in the mouse then they will be pairing

TRENDING THREADS