[SOLVED] Used 1070 (250$) vs new 1660ti (395$ tax in)

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
Hey all,

So i am currently looking to upgrade my gtx 970 on a budget.

I mainly play csgo on 1080p 144hz. Most of the time I maintain 150+ fps but my gpu fans are making a weird noise and sound like their going to fail soon so want to upgrade. I found a local deal on a gtx 1070 for 250$ (he said that it was purchased january of last year), or i can save up and get a gtx 1660ti for 350+ tax which = 395$. Any advice would be great thanks.

Side question
I have an i5 6600 and a 650w evga gold rated psu, will that be enough power for both of these options?

Solution
They are nearly even.

But what is more important is the fact that you'll get a full warranty with the 1660 TI, and you'll get NO warranty with the 1070, because manufacturers do not extend warranties to third parties 99.99% of the time. There are a few exceptions but if that 1070 is not an EVGA card and if you are not buying from a seller willing to help negotiate the warranty tranfer, then forget that idea. Regardless, the warranty would be half gone anyhow.

You are much better off buying a new card and getting a full warranty. Gaming cards fail far too often to not have the protection that comes with the standard three year warranty for practically...
They perform very similarly, but each card will out do the other by a alittle depending on the game. Another option would be a RX 5700 which will outperform both card.

IMO 250 is alittle high for a 1070 since the release of all the recent cards, I would say closer to 220 would be a better price.

Be sure to use https://pcpartpicker.com/ to find the best prices online if available for your country.

They are nearly even.

But what is more important is the fact that you'll get a full warranty with the 1660 TI, and you'll get NO warranty with the 1070, because manufacturers do not extend warranties to third parties 99.99% of the time. There are a few exceptions but if that 1070 is not an EVGA card and if you are not buying from a seller willing to help negotiate the warranty tranfer, then forget that idea. Regardless, the warranty would be half gone anyhow.

You are much better off buying a new card and getting a full warranty. Gaming cards fail far too often to not have the protection that comes with the standard three year warranty for practically all of them these days.

Solution

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
They perform very similarly, but each card will out do the other by a alittle depending on the game. Another option would be a RX 5700 which will outperform both card.

IMO 250 is alittle high for a 1070 since the release of all the recent cards, I would say closer to 220 would be a better price.

Be sure to use https://pcpartpicker.com/ to find the best prices online if available for your country.

I think it is a good deal here in canada. Most ppl are posting for 350 :(

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
They are nearly even.

You are much better off buying a new card and getting a full warranty. Gaming cards fail far too often to not have the protection that comes with the standard three year warranty for practically all of them these days.
It is an evga card. I'll look into the warranty transfer then ty for the input