Question USED ASUS M32BF 1C AMD A-10 CHIP WIN 8.1- UPGRADE SUGGESTIONS

confusednall

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I purchased the above Asus desktop for my graphics a game design work and want to upgrade.

I want to stay with win 8.1 as I have lost two older systems trying WIN 10 - constant OS corruption issues plus on fried chip on my Asus laptop that was a 4 year old - touchscreen and everything. And yes .... GRRR I am super pissed at nosey Microsoft for their enability to design a new platform that wouldn't require the latest and expensive desktop as well.

I'd like to upgrade the motherboard to maybe this one:

https://www.asus.com/event/2013/mb/windows_8_1/#AMD

1. Is my current AMD a-10 compatible with this MOBO? I runs @ 3.7 GHZ, so that should work well if it is compatible I'd think.

2. I also need more cooling as my MOBO temps are running @ 100-125 with it's 350 power supply, so I figure I need to go as far up as I can in replacing that too - maybe 650 ore more. Not sure what casement design for the new power supply should be either. CTX Maybe?

3. I have 2 high level 8gig bars = YRUIS W/cooling covers and want to get two more, which the new Asus MOBO would make possible as the current MOBO only has two slots. Is this a good brand?

4. I hope to spend no more than $200-$250 if possible.

5. And, well ... that MOBO looks mad slick with the waves of cooper cooling design.

Am I on the right track?

Any Suggestions?

Anything I'm missing that is needed?

Will the new-ish motherboard that is linked above fit in my current box? Is it compatible?

Thank you! I will be checking back to see if anyone has responded to help me in the next few days - Tessa

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
  1. Nope. You can't drop your APU onto that Z87's socket.
  2. The PSU is top mounted, I don't think upgrading the PSU will help much apart from giving more power to the entire system, since the cooling is crippled by the chassis.
  3. I haven't read much into YRUIS, in fact I don't think they're a good brand. Even if you could get the rams on the new board, you're still left without a processor.
  4. FYI, this is your current board. I don't think the ATX board ill fit in your chassis since the chassis will only accept an matx board.

You're way off track man. I think you need you need to reassess why you need a new build. If you do need a new system then you might want to go through this thread and stylize you current post with the necessary details.