Question Used Card OK? RX 6800 XT

Drerunsit

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
Hello, everyone. I recently purchased a used Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT and ran 3DMark Time Spy and Fire Strike Extreme, to see if it had any issues (results below).

It seems to be performing as expected, though I'm no expert on assessing this. The two things I focused on were temperature and clock frequency. Unless I'm mistaken, they both seem to be within expected range. I also gamed with this card yesterday for about 4 hours and never saw the temperature go above 60 degrees.

I would appreciate confirmation that this card is functioning as expected, as well as any other recommended ways to look for potential issues. Most of the videos I have found recommend physical inspection (which I did) and stressing the GPU with monitoring hardware running to see temps/clock speed. Thank you in advance.

Solution
If you got it on eBay just start playing your games on it, if it does ok in the first 2-3 weeks you should be fine. I could be mistaken, but it seems that in my experience that parts that will fail usually do so within the first 30 days. If it’s used and the seller reports no issues it’s likely fine.

I sell my old parts on eBay typically and I try to be honest about stuff myself. Sellers don’t want a return as they have to hassle with trying to make buyers happy or refund.
D

Deleted member 2947362

Right, but I can't return the card in a few years 😅
As with any used/second hand product's

You pay the price and take the gamble.

That is unless they sell the card with in its warranty and/or supply you with the original proof of purchase because I'm sure some manufacturers warranty offer more than 1 year on graphics cards

Last edited by a moderator:

Drerunsit

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
As with any used/second hand product's

That is unless they sell the card with in its warranty and supply you with the original proof of purchase because I'm sure some manufacturers warranty offer more than 1 year on graphics cards
eBay has buyer protection. Either way, we're getting away from my original question.

D

Deleted member 2947362

eBay has buyer protection. Either way, we're getting away from my original question.
well if you have been benchmarking it with 3d mark you will already know you have access to a massive data base to compare and see if your card is working as expected so you don't really need anyone one to answer that question if I'm honest because just use 3d mark website and compare and you will know.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Right, but I can't return the card in a few years 😅
There isn't a thing you can do about time - to test how long the card will last - all you can do is play and see. You've already benchmarked it and whatnot, which can't tell you anything about time.
If it starts crapping out on you after the return period and before you're ready to move to another card, it is what it is.

If you got it on eBay just start playing your games on it, if it does ok in the first 2-3 weeks you should be fine. I could be mistaken, but it seems that in my experience that parts that will fail usually do so within the first 30 days. If it’s used and the seller reports no issues it’s likely fine.

I sell my old parts on eBay typically and I try to be honest about stuff myself. Sellers don’t want a return as they have to hassle with trying to make buyers happy or refund.

Reactions: Drerunsit
Solution
D

Deleted member 2947362

Hello, everyone. I recently purchased a used Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT and ran 3DMark Time Spy and Fire Strike Extreme, to see if it had any issues (results below).

It seems to be performing as expected, though I'm no expert on assessing this. The two things I focused on were temperature and clock frequency. Unless I'm mistaken, they both seem to be within expected range. I also gamed with this card yesterday for about 4 hours and never saw the temperature go above 60 degrees.

I would appreciate confirmation that this card is functioning as expected
Am I missing something here as the resolve was

"parts that will fail usually do so within the first 30 days"

I must of got things mixed up?

As I thought they where asking is their RX6800XT graphics card is performing as expected?

Not sure how I come to my conclusion.

If its from ebay, put it threw its paces, stress test the crap out of it before your return window is up. If its from marketplace, well, that can be a hit or miss, if youc an ask to see it working before buying, but usually if the card ends up bad, just talk to the seller, Its rare a used GPU is faulty though without them saying something about it, Out of the years I've been buying used GPU's I've only ever got one an d that was a GTX 580 and the seller just vanished.