Used Custom PC from NCIX

tricuspid312

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I'm planning on biting a bullet buying a 5month old system well not really 'old'

his selling his unit for 2200$ with i7 4770k + gtx 780 + 32gb hyper x ram + other corsair stuff + his adding 24' monitor + keyboard / mouse. is it too good to be true? oh and theres a NCIX warranty sinces all custom pc they build has 1 year parts and labour. (and warranty is transferrable) he also has the box.

Which tests should I do to make sure I'm not getting screwed over? like when I'm testing the computer?

also I've never really format at computer before, I'm worried about keyloggers and viruses.
will a complete ssd / hdd / fresh windows install remove all the things im worried about?

or should i just buy brandnew build which would be 2400$ (tax + custom built + environment fee) and I still have to buy mother + keyboard mouse. so around 2700$.

I don't want to spend my hard earned money for a flop. I've never cared about money before this, because I get allowance and all that. But now that I've worked 3 whole months to earn 2000$

Solution
Honestly for that kind of money , I'd enjoy knowing that the components are new etc.

Anti virus scans and a restore of the computer would be fine

Before buying:

1) reason for selling
2) trustworthy person
3) have you seen the warranty for NCIX
4) Proof of every purchase inside the build

misfitkid86

Distinguished
May 23, 2012

what site you buying through ebay? you know i might say buy new that way you know it's not screwed around with too much, right now newegg is doing their black november deals so you can get super awesome deals and maybe piece together a system for less. if it's just a gaming pc than maybe reduce the ram, find a decent motherboard that supports crossfire and grab a couple 760's to sli, it will outperform by a slight margin the 780 and will now cost around the same price!

ed d

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Honestly for that kind of money , I'd enjoy knowing that the components are new etc.

Anti virus scans and a restore of the computer would be fine

Before buying:

1) reason for selling
2) trustworthy person
3) have you seen the warranty for NCIX
4) Proof of every purchase inside the build

Solution

tricuspid312

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for the fast replies! I was thinking the same.

I'm sweating balls here because I theres a guide on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMRvz_IYSgM) which explains everything, and I'm thinking I can do it myself. I've built gundams / racing cars before but never to the extent of computer. The only thing that really bugs me is that I don't know what to do next after I assembled everything.

like how to set up time dates / install windows to ssd / make ssd boot drive / check rams / adjust case fans / etc.

tricuspid312

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
if you know something I could cut cost I would appreciate. I was going for 32gb but went with 2x8 16gb because its too expensive right now. Oh and is there a 32gb ram that cost under 200$?

I picked the parts with Quality in mind without spending too much.

oh yeah and heres my build:

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core

Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g

Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600

Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" SSD

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB (might go dual monitor ... apps that I use CPU)

Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower

Case Fan Noctua NF-P14 FLX 65.0 CFM 140mm

SeaSonic 760W ATX12V / EPS12V 80+ platinum

LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - OEM (64-bit)

I would probably use this for 3 years+ since I'm graduating this year for 3D modelling.

ed d

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

32gb of ram you'll be looking at about $300

With the fact youre a modelling , the new r9 290, might be a good idea to save money

Rest of the build looks very good , bar the thermal paste, i always use artic cooling mx-4, that is just preference

ed d

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

The Asus bios is very straightforward and will help you set things up,

If in doubt there are thousands (literally) of guides which would help you

tricuspid312

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
There's r9 290!?

the thing is pretty much all my app will be faster with cuda cores, but I don't really mind losing some preformance if I'm saving alot.

could you please point me to a guide which tells what to do for first time boot up after i assemble my desktop. like a step by step.

ed d

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

If your apps are better with cuda cores then nvidia will be better this time.

For OS installation:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/windows-7-new-install-part-1.htm

First boot up:
http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/assemble19.php