Used Dell Precision Workstation For Solidworks 2015

jaytrick

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Hi guys,

I am need of a desktop that can run SW 2015 and maybe just league of legends on medium settings. I would like to keep this under $500 if possible. I read through other posts and saw recommendations of buying a used/refurbished Dell Precision. Since I am just starting to learn solidworks 2015 and autocad in general, I would like to buy a cheap prebuilt computer that I could eventually upgrade the Videocard/CPU as needed in the years to come. This will be my first desktop, ive never built a computer so all advice is welcomed!

Thanks!

Solution
We run AutoCad, Solid Works, Pronest and Columbus in our company and have at least 20 computers setup for it. We have Dell computers and HP computers for our programming dept. The Dell Optiplex 7010's work pretty good and upgrade well but the HP's beat them in longevity and ones like the Compaq Elite 8300 cmt is a great base with lots of room to expand if you don't mind a Gen 3 i5 or i7 processor. They have more case room for larger GPU's and they are upgradable to 32 G or DDR3, have 4 USB 3.0 ports and are ready for SSD's. Just my experience, Hope this helps. BTW, check the re-cycle sellers on ebay right now, they have some nice lease return units cheap.

cccowboy36

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
We run AutoCad, Solid Works, Pronest and Columbus in our company and have at least 20 computers setup for it. We have Dell computers and HP computers for our programming dept. The Dell Optiplex 7010's work pretty good and upgrade well but the HP's beat them in longevity and ones like the Compaq Elite 8300 cmt is a great base with lots of room to expand if you don't mind a Gen 3 i5 or i7 processor. They have more case room for larger GPU's and they are upgradable to 32 G or DDR3, have 4 USB 3.0 ports and are ready for SSD's. Just my experience, Hope this helps. BTW, check the re-cycle sellers on ebay right now, they have some nice lease return units cheap.

Solution