[SOLVED] Used Gainward 1080 vs New Sapphire Pulse RX5600XT?

Jul 2, 2020
What do you suggest guys?
Used Gainward 1080 without warranty(from trusted seller, he gives 1 week warranty) or brand new Sapphire Pulse RX5600XT?
1080 is cheaper than RX, different is 40$.

Solution
get the new card.
IMHO a full warranty and support from the manufacturer will always beat a 1-week from "trusted".
sapphire will be there in 3 months, will "trusted" when the fans fail on the 1080?
you will literally get 104 times the warranty coverage

FYI my GPU is a Sapphire.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
get the new card.
IMHO a full warranty and support from the manufacturer will always beat a 1-week from "trusted".
sapphire will be there in 3 months, will "trusted" when the fans fail on the 1080?
you will literally get 104 times the warranty coverage

FYI my GPU is a Sapphire.

Solution
What do you suggest guys?
Used Gainward 1080 without warranty(from trusted seller, he gives 1 week warranty) or brand new Sapphire Pulse RX5600XT?
1080 is cheaper than RX, different is 40$.
Can you send screenshots of the 1080, seems like a bad model if you get me. I would go for the RX5600xt however because it could be cheaper but the 1080 is potentially a fake or a terrible brand. Also there could be a lot more issues with the 1080 so it is not worth the risk. How much are you spending however, I thought of getting the 5600xt but I got the RTX2060 and it was worth the price. Its worth getting the 2060 because it is the same, has RTX, more power efficient, better drivers and the Nvidia software which in my opinion is the better choice. However I doubt you'll buy the 2060 due to price therefore I recommend the 5600xt due to warranty, less risk of it being a defective card. Sometimes it runs better than a GTX1080.

TRENDING THREADS