Question Used GPU has two different BIOS from different vendors ?

SamWillson

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2014
Hi,

The problem is, I've bought a Sapphire RX-5600XT Pulse 5 days ago. It's a used GPU but in a very good condition .

When I check the specs using GPU-Z it's showing "Powercolor" when the bios switch is on the right side. I thought I got scammed so I Switched the bios to the left and checked
When switch is on the left side it's showing "Sapphire".

I tried to flash bios from sapphire but it didn't accept any of these even with the command prompt method.

Now I don't understand whats going on, it's a Sapphire GPU, i've opened it, checked the PCB Serial numbers are matching.

But it's not flashing any bios from sapphire when switch is on the right side, Trixx is not recognizing it as a Sapphire GPU .

Please educate me as well as tell me what is going on with this GPU?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems it might not matter that much

If its like any of the previous cards
You could flash an XFX BIOS, an ASUS BIOS, a Sapphire BIOS, etc. and it be just fine. There are only two things that matter for when picking a BIOS:
What the core clocks are
What memory chip vendor it has
link

they might have been trying to get more speed or something

Not sure if this will help

Last edited:
Reactions: PEnns

SamWillson

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2014
Question. When you received the gpu was it working properly or not? I assume it was not working, which is the reason you decided to flash bios?
I installed Trixx and trix said " no sapphire product detected " opened up the GPU-Z and boom . it's a PowerColor GPU .lol . i'm sure it was being used in mining so that's why i wanted to flash original bios . OCD you can say.

DSzymborski

Titan
Can you just return it? An altered BIOS, without disclosure to the purchaser is certainly not what I'd call good condition. Unless you got a significant savings in return for your trouble with a disclosed problem, I'm not sure why this should be your problem.

And if this was purchased on eBay and the person did not disclose any of this, you can get your money back by filing a dispute.

SamWillson

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2014
Can you just return it? An altered BIOS, without disclosure to the purchaser is certainly not what I'd call good condition. Unless you got a significant savings in return for your trouble with a disclosed problem, I'm not sure why this should be your problem.

And if this was purchased on eBay and the person did not disclose any of this, you can get your money back by filing a dispute.
it was a hand to hand buy and 7 days check warranty is gone. sell is not a tech guy so he won't understand bios no bios old bio new bios . as long as card is working he won't take it back .

DSzymborski

Titan
it was a hand to hand buy and 7 days check warranty is gone. sell is not a tech guy so he won't understand bios no bios old bio new bios . as long as card is working he won't take it back .

I'd definitely be highly suspicious then. There's no reason that someone who isn't a tech guy would have a mining BIOS. Unless he bought the card used, had issues, and is trying to get his money back by passing his problem to you.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
I installed Trixx and trix said " no sapphire product detected " opened up the GPU-Z and boom . it's a PowerColor GPU .lol . i'm sure it was being used in mining so that's why i wanted to flash original bios . OCD you can say.

if GPU-Z says so, then it's probably the truth.

looks like you got scammed. If it's a mining card, expect problems.

TRENDING THREADS