Question Used HP Omen X 900-010. How much is it worth today?

Jul 23, 2022
Trying to negotiate a price on this HP Omen X 900-010. How much should it be worth today? I believe it’s around 6 years old. Here are the specs:
—-
HP Omen X 900-010 Gaming Desktop PC with Omen
gaming keyboard - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core
Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB HDD + 256GB SSD,
AMD Radeon RX 480 / Intel HD Graphics 530, Windows 10

Jul 23, 2022
This is a bit outdated. Has the seller given any indication of what they want for it? Do you have a specific budget?

Unless this was exceptionally inexpensive, I would pass on picking an HP "gaming" PC of that age.
His current asking price right now is 450, I’ve done some research and most of the components would add up to around 200 if purchased used, and I think 200$ is the most I’ll offer. Thoughts on that? I’m still not 100% sure if 200$ is to high or to low for this particular desktop.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
IMO, if you can find standard components on a respectable seller (used) and build in that ballpark, go that way. I would not expect more than mid setting 1080/60 gaming off a system of that spec IF even that. The 480 GPU is well more than long in the tooth and the CPU has been functionally obsolete in regard to even low tier offerings from the last several generations from Intel and AMD.

IMO, if you have the ability to save up some more, I would recommend moving towards something a bit newer (used) or even saving that bit more to get on a modern AM4 platform, for instance. Even if you found a budget 1st gen Ryzen system with a decent mobo, it would leave an incredible upgrade path. A Ryzen 3 3300X or i3 10100 would be nearly the same performance as a 6700K.

Jul 23, 2022
Yeah I agree, and upgrade path is definitely a large point to consider. Thanks for all your input so far it really helped to have another persons opinion.

TRENDING THREADS