Question Used RTX 3080/3090 Ti Price Advice?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

N1njaDestr0yer

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
I had a question that revolved the RTX 3000 Series (in terms of the EVGA RTX 3080/3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming) how much should I be paying for used GPUs? Is $900 & $1,200 a realistic price for both of these GPUs? Or should I look into lower prices like $700/$750 for the RTX 3080 Ti (EVGA) and $900 for the RTX 3090 Ti (EVGA)? Because I planned on building some PC that used those x2 GPUs... Was looking for some GPUs that could last for 3-5 Years before needing to upgrade again....

Yes these are are Offerup specials, Both being sold by the same seller, hoping to get/find a combo deal for both??

RTX 3080 Ti: EVGA RTX 3080 Ti

RTX 3090 Ti: EVGA RTX 3090 Ti

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Someone can say anything they want. GPUs don't have odometers, nor do they necessarily show physical wear. I'm not sure what you expect to get from testing here that matters in this context beyond showing that they at least own the GPU they claim to. Though give me an hour with Adobe and I can give you a benchmark video of me running Cyberpunk at 100 FPS on a Sega Genesis.

When you buy a used GPU, you're basically buying something partially with risk instead of money. Except when the prices are this bad compared to new, better performing GPUs, you're still paying with risk, but with no savings in money to compensate. And on a platform without a good reputation for buyer protection, you're not mitigating your risk very well.

Your plan is a "worst of both worlds" situation. You're getting the worst aspect of used GPUs, the risk, and the worst aspect of new GPUs, the higher price. It's like developing a new car that combines the towing ability of a sports car with the speed of a tow truck.

Reactions: Tac 25