Aug 9, 2019
I recently bought a used rx 570 off of eBay. However the card shows a code 43 error. I am worried it might have to do with a previous issue in the past when my old GPU began acting up. Here is what happened BEFORE I got the rx 570: I was playing a game when my pc crashed and showed an SrtTrail.txt error that I later fixed, but my GTX 670 had a code 43 and there were green lines horizontally on the screen. I decided to buy the used rx 570. the green lines went away, but when looking at gpu-z my integrated graphics are being used instead and my rx 570 shows a code 43 shown here: View: https://imgur.com/a/C49Oj7p
. I have tried doing a clean install of windows and repairing it just in case. I used the drivers from the dvd it came with then tried newer ones from the website(after DDU) but no luck. The card is used but it is still in great condition, only some dust.

SPECS:
CPU: i5-2500k
PSU: TX 650
RAM: 8gb
GPU rx 570 4gb

Solution
also how do clear CMOS/BIOS settings(and what are they?) i will find out if i have an oem or dch system

EDIT: how do i tell if my system is OEM or DCH

First off, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

You need to check the system info.

CMOS (short for complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) is the term usually used to describe the small amount of memory on a computer motherboard that stores the BIOS settings. Some of these BIOS settings include the system time and date as well as hardware settings

The easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS...
Aug 9, 2019
Sometime Code 43 means the GPU isn't getting enough power. Did you plug in the power connector(s) to it?
a 570 typically requires a single 8 pin power cable.

Which Power supply do you have? make and model# please.
My PSU is a TX 650 80+ bronze, (650W) i do have the appropriate 8 pin connector which is a 6 pin with the 2 pin extension it came with

GPU-Z is showing the card's name on that pic. What does it say under the DEVICE MANAGER settings, under "Display Adapters" ? Code 43 Error for both the video cards ?

Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver.

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest SBIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

5) Replace the graphics card as it may be defective.

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

Clear and reset ALL the CMOS/BIOS settings to default.

The above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might also be defective, which is the GPU. Your GPU might be faulty, but before we jump on any conclusion, can you TEST the Video card on some other PC ? Also, are you on a FRESH Windows OS install ? IF not, then try doing a clean format of your SSD/HDD, if need be. Can you install the GPU drivers ?

Do you have an OEM system ? Because the DCH drivers are being installed, as evident from the GPU-Z screen.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
GPU-Z is showing the card's name on that pic. What does it say under the DEVICE MANAGER settings, under "Display Adapters" ? Code 43 Error for both the video cards ?

Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver.

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest SBIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

5) Replace the graphics card as it may be defective.

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

Clear and reset ALL the CMOS/BIOS settings to default.

The above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might also be defective, which is the GPU. Your GPU might be faulty, but before we jump on any conclusion, can you TEST the Video card on some other PC ? Also, are you on a FRESH Windows OS install ? IF not, then try doing a clean format of your SSD/HDD, if need be. Can you install the GPU drivers ?

Do you have an OEM system ? Because the DCH drivers are being installed, as evident from the GPU-Z screen.
the code 43 is only affecting my rx 570, i just fresh installed windows and latest drivers a few days ago, i'll try moving the card to another slot. also how do clear CMOS/BIOS settings(and what are they?) i will find out if i have an oem or dch system

also how do clear CMOS/BIOS settings(and what are they?) i will find out if i have an oem or dch system

First off, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

You need to check the system info.

CMOS (short for complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) is the term usually used to describe the small amount of memory on a computer motherboard that stores the BIOS settings. Some of these BIOS settings include the system time and date as well as hardware settings

The easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options, depending on how it's structured. If you're having trouble finding it, look close to where the Save or Save & Exit options are because they're usually around those.

Another way to clear CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. Start by making sure your computer is unplugged. Next, open up your computer's case if you're using a desktop PC, or find and open the small CMOS battery panel if you're using a tablet or laptop computer.

Finally, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. Close the case or battery panel and then plug in, or reattach the computer's main battery. By disconnecting and then reconnecting the CMOS battery, you remove the source of power that saves your computer's BIOS settings, resetting them to default.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the CLEAR CMOS jumper on your motherboard, assuming your motherboard has one. Make sure your computer is unplugged and then open it up. Look around your motherboard's surface for a jumper with the CLEAR CMOS label, which will be located on the motherboard and near the jumper. These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD, PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

Do all these things VERY carefully, if you are not comfortable, then ask someone else for help, if need be.

Solution