[SOLVED] Used RX 570 hitting 78°C ?

Apr 19, 2021
Hey people,, i've bought a used aorus rx 570 recently and the temp hits upto 78°c this summer while playing any games. Is it something to be concerned about as the card is 2nd hand ?
One thing more, after playing like 10/15 minutes, gpu temps automatically reduces upto 69-71°C. No more going up till the end of gameplay. Now, could u tell me Why is it that the temp has to fall so late?
[N.B. I have 5 cooling fans installed in the casing.]
Thanks in advance

Solution
Hey people,, i've bought a used aorus rx 570 recently and the temp hits upto 78°c this summer while playing any games. Is it something to be concerned about as the card is 2nd hand ?
One thing more, after playing like 10/15 minutes, gpu temps automatically reduces upto 69-71°C. No more going up till the end of gameplay. Now, could u tell me Why is it that the temp has to fall so late?
Thanks in advance

The high initial temps are likely due to the game you're playing running the frame-rate uncapped in the game lobby. Once you start playing the temps go down because the card is no longer able to run wide open. It's unfortunate but many games today will run your fps at full...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks in advance
That looks normal.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2884-gigabyte-rx-570-aorus-review-vs-470-580-gtx1060/page-3

Thanks in advance

The high initial temps are likely due to the game you're playing running the frame-rate uncapped in the game lobby. Once you start playing the temps go down because the card is no longer able to run wide open. It's unfortunate but many games today will run your fps at full speed when 30fps is more than enough for a lobby and would give gpus a rest between rounds. This happens on all cards by the way...I have gaming friends with nVidia gpus that have the same issue.

A potential fix would be to set an fps cap on your game or to turn on AMD Chill in your Radeon settings.

There are a couple of games that let you cap the fps in the lobby...CoD has recently started adding the ability so if that's one you're playing you can set an fps cap in the graphics options.

Solution