[SOLVED] Used RX 590 artifacting? Not sure.

Ben Phillips

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2013
I just bought a used Rx 590.

This is Nascar Heat 5 at 1080p with settings on High. I lowered the settings to Medium and lowered the resolution to 720p. It made no difference.

Make sure you view the full size image. The shadows are always dotted like that. And the sides of the cars at times also.

XxREHWi.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is artifacting or what it is, really.

I've used amdcleanuputility and reinstalled latest radeon software and driver. My cpu usage and ram usage remain low.

According to Afterburner, my gpu usage is at about 51% while playing. However Radeon software shows gpu usage spiking up and down.

I've ran heaven benchmark 4.0 and the card gets similar results compared to other RX 590's on youtube.

Any ideas? Could the card be to blame?

Solution
Youre not opening it up all the way.

"Make sure you click image, then right click imagie, and onen in a new tab. And view it at full resolution. "
Its only 800x300 pixels. The first picture is better. I can click on it to open it up to full screen but I still can't see what you said. Maybe try again and put red circles around the bits that you think are problematic.

Ben Phillips

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2013
Maybe you didnt zoom in to the picture enough.

Here is a better picture. Make sure you click image, then right click imagie, and onen in a new tab. And view it at full resolution.

I dont know if its just this game or the card. Going to get another game to try.

Game runs at constant 60fps with vsync.

9vH8qY5.jpeg

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Youre not opening it up all the way.

"Make sure you click image, then right click imagie, and onen in a new tab. And view it at full resolution. "
Its only 800x300 pixels. The first picture is better. I can click on it to open it up to full screen but I still can't see what you said. Maybe try again and put red circles around the bits that you think are problematic.

Solution