[SOLVED] Used the "disable device" option on a microphone, now I can't find it anymore so I cannot enable it

LeipeMeuteleider

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
Whilst fiddling around with audio devices trying to get a sampler to work with my speakers, I disabled my microphone in the sound control panel. I figured it would just disable the device(as the name of the setting suggests). Instead it has removed it entirely from my pc and no matter what jack I plug it into, the device won't show up anywhere. I've tried to find it in sound control panel, devices and printers, and device manager. Even when I enable "show hidden devices" and check for hardware changes in device manager it does not show up. Strangely I cannot find anyone with the same problem after trying to find a solution on Google. How can I make my microphone function again?

This is with a Takstar SGC-598 on Windows 10. I have a charged battery in the microphone and it lights up green indicating it is functioning.

Edit: forgot to mention the microphone doesn't show up in ASUS high definition audio either. However, it does seem to detect it as it reloads audio devices and asks what kind of device I plugged in whenever I plug the microphone in. After I select the microphone option and click OK however, it still doesn't actually show up anywhere or do anything.

Last edited:
Solution
Nevermind, I've found it. Gotta hate windows 10 with it's many extra configuration windows that I don't do much with because they have no reason to exist. For anyone with the same problem that comes across this thread: you have to go to sound settings(not control panel, right click the speaker icon in your hotbar and click "open sound settings") then scroll down and click "manage sound devices." Here you can click the right device and enable it.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is a driver and/or configuration issue.

Not sure about your reference to "sampler".

Are you able to add more details?

For example: you mentioned that you have a "charged battery in the microphone". Are you truly using rechargeable batteries in the microphone or do you simply mean a fresh/new battery?

LeipeMeuteleider

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
Yes, this is a rechargeable battery, though that shouldn't really matter. I don't really know what else to add, the only difference in configuration(that I know of, I can't check this because I cannot find the device anywhere) is that the device is now disabled.

Edit: the sampler is a digital instrument. I was trying to connect it to my pc so I could use my speakers(which worked, just at the cost of my microphone...)

Last edited:

LeipeMeuteleider

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
Nevermind, I've found it. Gotta hate windows 10 with it's many extra configuration windows that I don't do much with because they have no reason to exist. For anyone with the same problem that comes across this thread: you have to go to sound settings(not control panel, right click the speaker icon in your hotbar and click "open sound settings") then scroll down and click "manage sound devices." Here you can click the right device and enable it.

Solution