Used Windows Vista CD Question

Aug 27, 2018
Can a Windows Vista O. S. CD BE used more than once on different PCs. I was told it could but only be activated on one. So if i buy a CD of Vista off Offer Up and use the code will it work, or will it not.

I know older Windows copies of like ME and 98 have where u can use on as many PCs as many times but starting with like Windows XP they nade it more difficult due to piracy and [censored]

Wolfshadw

Titan
For all Windows OSes prior to Windows 10:

OEM versions of the OS can only be installed on one computer. That Windows license cannot be transferred to another computer as it is tied to the original system (motherboard) the OS was installed on.

Retail versions of the OS can only be installed on one computer at any given time. The license can be moved from computer to computer, provided that it is only activated on one computer at any given time. This is generally a painless process and should a hiccup occur, it is usually easily resolved with a call to Microsoft.

It all depends on which license type you received, OEM/Retail.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan

Basically:
"So if i buy a CD of Vista from some dude and use the code will it work, or will it not."

Completely unknown.
Is it a valid license?
OEM or Retail?
It is currently used elsewhere?
How many times has it been installed on different hardware?

Lastly...why Vista?