Question Used XMP now I can't use my boot drive

Mar 12, 2020
Idk if this would be the right thread to go to, but I finally decided to use XMP to get my RAM at it's stated 2666mhz and when I went to launch into windows I discovered my m.2 860 evo wasn't booting. I tried with a separate drove I had laying around with an os and it works fine, so did using XMP corrupt my windows files?

Mar 12, 2020
After you did the reset....is the SSD at the top of the boot order list?
If not....it should be.
If it is....I normally wouldn't think that doing what you did should have changed anything on the SSD...but I suppose it's possible.
My boot option is set to the 860 evo. I just wanted my slightly faster memory and pc gods smite me for it

Mar 12, 2020
I understand that. I've had similar things happen. I might try a clean install on the 860 evo at this point.
Yeah that's my last resort, was hoping people around the pc universe would have had a similar problem but everywhere I look doesn't have anything even remotely close to this problem so I'm astounded that this happened

Mar 12, 2020
stick with 1 thread
I turned on xmp to get the advertised 2666mhz from my RAM after 2 years, and now my OS won't boot but my Bios recognizes which is the boot drove and when I did a new install of windows it said that there was a windows install I contacted both samsung and microsoft but neither had a solution. Someone please help me