Useful website

crash

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> This might come in handy. I know I'm gonna use it:

Good catch Studmuffin! Now I just have to remember it's bookmarked....

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>> This might come in handy. I know I'm gonna use it:
>>
> Good catch Studmuffin! Now I just have to remember it's bookmarked....

I know there has got to be some sort of trade off with these codes but how
did Chicago O'Hare become ORD?

Chris

"> I know there has got to be some sort of trade off with these codes but
how
> did Chicago O'Hare become ORD?
>
> Chris

It was once known as Orchard Field

Arthur

I expect all of you to have them memorized by next Monday, when there will
be a test. Don't let me down, now.
Interestingly, I know someone who took a travel agent course some time ago,
and was required to memorize all of those codes. Seems a bit extreme to me
when they can be looked up so easily.

Arthur

"Huw Roberts" <f@ke.com> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>> This might come in handy. I know I'm gonna use it:
>>
>> http://www.airport-technology.com/icao-codes/A.html
>>

> Woah. That is pretty bloody useful. Cheers pal!
>
> Huw

Bob

Arthur wrote:

> I expect all of you to have them memorized by next Monday, when there will
> be a test. Don't let me down, now.
> Interestingly, I know someone who took a travel agent course some time ago,
> and was required to memorize all of those codes. Seems a bit extreme to me
> when they can be looked up so easily.
>
> Arthur

Just a short funny... I was returning to Germany from doing something,
don't know what but at the time I was assigned to a unit in Nurnberg. At
JFK I was behind a young soldier and his wife and noticed he was going
to EDDN. I asked him what unit he was going to in Nurnberg and he
answered, "I'm not going to Nurnberg, we're going to Berlin" I then told
him "he" may be going to Berlin but all his luggage was going to
Nurnberg. The idiot behind the counter didn't say anything, just ripped
the EDDN tags off the bags and then placed the correct ones.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

"EBT" <50bagsforard@monarch.co.uk> wrote in message

> "> I know there has got to be some sort of trade off with these codes but
> how
>> did Chicago O'Hare become ORD?
>>
>> Chris
>>
> It was once known as Orchard Field

"EBT" <50bagsforard@monarch.co.uk> wrote in message

> "> I know there has got to be some sort of trade off with these codes but
> how
>> did Chicago O'Hare become ORD?
>>
>> Chris
>>
> It was once known as Orchard Field

Thank you!

Chris

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:24:44 -0600, CRaSH wrote:

> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>> This might come in handy. I know I'm gonna use it:
>>
> Good catch Studmuffin! Now I just have to remember it's bookmarked....

I could have sworn I already had it bookmarked, but I can't find it
anywhere on my machines.

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)