Useless tasks on task manger.

Austy105

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
So I want to see which computer process's are first not needed to run my computer and then second which are not needed for when gaming on games like planetside 2 and blacklight retribution.[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRnWFPZzmlc&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Solution
yeah killing a few process that are only 40k kilobytes isn't going to make a huge impact on performance. Pc specs?

You have quite a few thermal temp controls/view programs. Thermal radar isn't really necessary if you haven't oc'ed your system it's not needed. You can close that, unless your room gets incredibly hot and you have to manage temps, even then it seems unnecessary.

A few asus mobo specific programs. Yeah i'd look into upgrading actual parts, you can't really optimize windows kernel programming. If you wanna go deep into custom programming etc. i'd take a look at linux and some videos. But for hte most part it's much easier to just upgrade your hardware.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014
Avast anti virus is a useless piece of garbage bloat ware get rid of it. You don't need "anti-virus" it's a waste of resources that could be used somewhere else. Not to mention, it giving you false positives 99.99 percent of the time, it just doesn't do it's job properly. If you don't trust a site don't click on it. Same for files.

Austy105

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
So what your saying is that the basic windows antivirus thats built into the system is goo enough. And what wouldbe the best program to clean up overall computer of old and now used files and still is there any other process's that I can get rid of that are useless and that i could permanelty kill off

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014
yeah killing a few process that are only 40k kilobytes isn't going to make a huge impact on performance. Pc specs?

You have quite a few thermal temp controls/view programs. Thermal radar isn't really necessary if you haven't oc'ed your system it's not needed. You can close that, unless your room gets incredibly hot and you have to manage temps, even then it seems unnecessary.

A few asus mobo specific programs. Yeah i'd look into upgrading actual parts, you can't really optimize windows kernel programming. If you wanna go deep into custom programming etc. i'd take a look at linux and some videos. But for hte most part it's much easier to just upgrade your hardware.

Solution