[SOLVED] User Account Password Expired

Jun 16, 2020
Hi, I have a remote desktop for personal use, when I try to logon a window pops up saying this user account password has expired. The password must change in order to logon. The problem with this is that I have no other access and I am the only person that uses it. Is there any way to logon to reset the password or am i likely going to have to fully reset it to regain access? The OS is Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition. My knowledge of this is very basic so if you need any other info let me know.

Thanks

Solution
It does not give you the option to change it at that point?
Input the old pwd, and then the new one, twice.

And yes, password expiration is a function in the password policy section.
"Passwords expire after XX days" And I believe that may be the default.

USAFRet

Titan
It does not give you the option to change it at that point?
Input the old pwd, and then the new one, twice.

And yes, password expiration is a function in the password policy section.
"Passwords expire after XX days" And I believe that may be the default.

Solution
Jun 16, 2020
Thanks for the help it seems that it is easier said than done resetting it from the outside at least for someone with the lack of knowledge, will likely contact someone to help reset it given that's probably the best option at this point.

Thanks again

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's a remote desktop login. do you have direct access to the system since you are logging in remotely?

if you can get to the system itself, then from there you can reset the remote users log in info.

or the admin for the network can do that if you can't get to the system yourself.

TRENDING THREADS