Question User acct has limited access

Feb 23, 2019
Hi, I have a computer someone gave me that has a limited user. It’s windows xp pro and I tried hitting control,alt, delete twice and only the limited user shows up. I also tried safe mode and no luck there. I can’t restore it to factory settings because it won’t let me. I can’t even connect to the internet either. Any ideas?

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, I have a computer someone gave me that has a limited user. It’s windows xp pro and I tried hitting control,alt, delete twice and only the limited user shows up. I also tried safe mode and no luck there. I can’t restore it to factory settings because it won’t let me. I can’t even connect to the internet either. Any ideas?

For any used PC, your first move needs to be a full wipe and reinstall of everything.

As far as getting into the existing user account, limited or otherwise...we can't halp you with that.
Ask the previous owner.

Feb 23, 2019
He gave me what he thought was the password but it wasn’t it. He removed all his files but I need permission from the administrator to even connect to the internet.

USAFRet

Titan
He gave me what he thought was the password but it wasn’t it. He removed all his files but I need permission from the administrator to even connect to the internet.
You need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
We absolutely cannot assist with circumventing any passwords that may exist.