[SOLVED] User Benchmark Results - New Build PC keeps crashing and rebooting?

Solution
I'm using 19.8.1 this is stable for me.. I only tried one of the new ones but it caused blackouts so I went back to 19.8.1. I saw a lot of people complaining on reddit about the new ones so I guess i'm going to keep it at this version.

BTW when does it flicker or crash is it only during gaming or idling as well?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26064314 thats my userbenchmark you can see drivers I use on that.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
You tried using DDU to uninstall graphics card drivers and try a different version? I have had similar problems with my rx5700xt. They have notoriously bad drivers and could be responsible.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I'm using 19.8.1 this is stable for me.. I only tried one of the new ones but it caused blackouts so I went back to 19.8.1. I saw a lot of people complaining on reddit about the new ones so I guess i'm going to keep it at this version.

BTW when does it flicker or crash is it only during gaming or idling as well?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26064314 thats my userbenchmark you can see drivers I use on that.

Solution

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
If the driver I use doesn't help it could be a power supply issue not sure what your using. When it crashes does the PC turn itself off? or does the monitor just go off saying 'power saving mode' and pc still runs?

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Is that the gold rated one? I use a 650 gold psu too and I have no problems with power and my cpu uses a lot more juice than yours and I overclocked my gpu to the max.. Any luck with the driver I use?

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
At least that suggests it has something to do with your graphics card, are you overclocking it at all? You could try using a different connector port. You using display port or HDMI? and have your screen settings to performance mode and never on standby and never to the other option (on power options).

Apr 9, 2020
Got a new display port cable delivered today, still no different. When idling I get no black screen flicker but second I put any load on it starts playing up. Rolled the driver back to August 2019 version and still plays up. Feel as if the radeon settings application triggers issues...

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
really puzzling could be your graphics card is faulty, especially after everything you tried. Have you crashed at all or is it just flickering now? I just got a blue screen so im struggling now haha..