Question User benchmark says my computer is under performing by a lot but i dont know how to fix it

8190andrew

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
UserBenchmarks: Game 40%, Desk 52%, Work 32%
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K - 71.1%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti - 38.2%
SSD: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB - 69%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 69.2%
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 C15 2x8GB - 65.4%
MBD: MSI H110I PRO AC (MS-7995)

I have noticed in games my FPS has been lower lately.

Your background CPU usage has gotten better but still isn't good.
Your boot disk also has less than 10% free space available. This can cause pagefile performance issues (and doesn't allow Userbenchmark to test the disk fully).

Otherwise, your performance appears average.

8190andrew

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Your background CPU usage has gotten better but still isn't good.
Your boot disk also has less than 10% free space available. This can cause pagefile performance issues (and doesn't allow Userbenchmark to test the disk fully).

Otherwise, your performance appears average.
Would a factory reset be worth doing?

Do you mean a BIOS reset or a complete wipe and reload of the computer?
Run the mfg. diagnostics tool for both of your drives to see if they are reporting any issues.

Ideally, you should get your boot drive up to at least 15% free space. If you are okay with wiping the OS and reloading it then you can try that route. If you go this route, just install Windows and all the proper drivers and updates but NOTHING ELSE, then test.

8190andrew

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Do you mean a BIOS reset or a complete wipe and reload of the computer?
Run the mfg. diagnostics tool for both of your drives to see if they are reporting any issues.

Ideally, you should get your boot drive up to at least 15% free space. If you are okay with wiping the OS and reloading it then you can try that route. If you go this route, just install Windows and all the proper drivers and updates but NOTHING ELSE, then test.
This is what is showing but I checked and it said my windows updates were up to date.

Error
Symptom:Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.
Cause:A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
Details:The device, Standard PS/2 Keyboard, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ACPI\PNP0303\0.
Resolution:1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
Related:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
Manage Devices in Windows
Symptom:Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.
Cause:A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
Details:The device, Microsoft PS/2 Mouse, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ACPI\PNP0F03\0.
Resolution:1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
Related:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
Manage Devices in Windows

TRENDING THREADS